Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Training Recommendations?

hi all ...i've been to a training today and have come out in rather a bad mood ...i'm really fed up of going to trainings that are not pitched at the right level or (often) at the early years sector. Our borough have been charging us for training ...todays course £65 for a morning...i have to pay this, my wages and someone to cover me at the setting so it ends up as an expensive option.i wouldn't mind if i had learnt anything! Although our borough have today announced they have decided to fund the courses in the short term i do not think this will continue ....so now i can get to the point ......does anyone have any recommendations for training courses in the south? is there anything you have been on that has influenced your practise so much you couldn't do without it, or something that has stuck in your head for ages after.

Help! i need inspiration and so do my staff

Are you in my Authority, finleysmaid? xD We had a letter today stating that the Borough have decided not to charge for training until April so as to support our ongoing CPD. Personally I think (not entirely cynically) it has more to do with the fact that we keep getting emails reminding us that places are available which may in part be caused by the fact that we face just the problems you outline in funding our attendance on paid-for courses.

It is too late for me to start thinking about good training opportunities but I'll put my thinking cap on.

Oh, and if the Borough has decided not to charge for training then I would have thought a refund for any courses already attended should be in order, don't you? :o

Maz

I am indeed in your authority !! Good idea about the refund i might try that one xD yesterday was interesting because there were only 3 of us from pre-schools and the rest were from schools... a sign of the times i think! I am sure that you would probably advise me to do my degree as my next CPD but as i already have two members of staff doing ongoing training i cannot release myself to do it. I am just SOOOOO fed up of being told the same thing in trainings again and again and again.

I must have missed something are you closing then? :o i know you have been struggling with numbers for a long time...what's happening :(

I must have missed something are you closing then? :o i know you have been struggling with numbers for a long time...what's happening :(

When I said it was too late for me, I was really referring to the lateness of the hour and the fact that my brain was feeling just a little assignment-addled!

I shall have to give some thought as to who you might be... xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)