Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snack And Tea Menus

Hi

Can you tell me what you provide to eat for snack and tea. I went into a setting today who provided a biscuit milk or water >

We provide loads compared to this- no wonder our shopping bill is so high!!

We are looking at revamping our snack and tea menus does anyone have one they could share please?

thankyou

I'd say that was rather on the mean side!

Milk or water, a dried fruit, fresh fruit and a carb (mini pitta, toast, rice cakes, cheese and cracker type thing, or mini croissant, naan bread) spreads tend to be, marmite, cream cheese, jam, honey.

I do sometimes have to remind the staff that it is only a snack and not their lunch to keep costs in order, but I do think they deserve more than a biscuit, which to my mind harks back to pre Foundation Stage, let alone EYFS!

We give fruit, milk/water. Fruit is donated by parents, if we run out (which is very rare now but has happened a couple of times on a Friday) then we supplement with a rich tea biscuit. If we give too much then find they dont eat their lunch. We've had pittas/crackers/cheese as well as fruit donated.