Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Star Wars

I'm a registered CM and I'm looking for some ideas of how to enhance a 3 and a half year olds interest in Star Wars. Everything he talks about at the moment is based around star wars characters, he prefers to play with me mostly rather than the other children so although I always plan based on children's interests I've been a bit reluctant to follow this one as none of the other children have any concept or knowledge of star wars.

What do others do when they identify a very strong interest that only one child has?

I've thought of doing space again (although done that fairly recently) but actually it isn't really space that he's interested in, it's the characters in star wars, I've tried junk modelling light sabres but this wasn't appealing to him.

any ideas would be appreciated :o

i have two boys at pre-school obsessed with singing me the star wars theme tune ...CONSTANTLY!!! :o i did think about doing some dance/music activities based on this and next week we are doing star wars colouring sheets for them (now,now everyone don't tut and roll your eyes, they are appropriate in this case i promise!)

i did a arts and craft party for my daughter years ago and did huge star wars pictures for them to paint... the children thought it was great they said they never got to do anything like that at school!

Have a look at this blog

scroll down the page to see 'Jedi writing' to encourage correct letter formation :o

edited to make a link (hopefully)

Edited by gingerbreadman

Suggest giving him the chance to show just how clever he is- Photoshopping errors into pictures for him to find - if you're that way inclined. And Wikipedia can be raided for random bits of quiz trivia without too much knowledge of the subject being required.

Honey

"next week we are doing star wars colouring sheets for them (now,now everyone don't tut and roll your eyes, they are appropriate in this case i promise!)"

:o LOL

actually he's an "end product" kind of boy and won't engage much in open ended art activities so this might appeal. Having said that he chose to paint outside for the first time ever last week and painted a clone trooper - amazing!!

I love the Jedi writing and will try that

I also love the idea of dance and movement activities too and will try that - thanks

would love any more ideas too though xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)