Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fitting Out Our Centre.

I have been given an initial budget of £10,000 to totally kit out our Early Years Centre. This will include tables (1 or 2 per dept only!!) and the chairs and a couple of computers and related software. We are also looking for a few small stacking beds and beanbags.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for any unusual ( and reasonably priced) catalogues. I am already buying loads from Ebay!!

I have all the usuals Hope, Galt, Arnold, S&S, Baker Ross. But as I am on the Isle of Man, people like Community Playthings refuse to deliver to us!!!!

Our initial outlay sounds huge, but it includes lots of one off purchases like jigsaws, construction sets and outdoor play equipment, and savings or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Websites would be great, but catalogue addresses would also be great!!

Hope to get lots of help!!

Jambo

Hi Jambo

Try Yorkshire Purchasing. They are probably the cheapest for supplies-on the whole they are much cheaper than most of the other catalogues. I don't know if they deliver to the Isle of Man but you can only try.

Linda

29024[/snapback]

try tts brilliant resources :o

Hi Constance :D

Jambo, when money is tight we forgoe the catalogues and go to Woolworths, Toys R us or halfords for bikes and scooters around £10-£15. We dont use them outside much but they do tend to last us at the least a couple of years, they are also easier to store cos they weigh less than the solid metal ones. I think it's been mentioned here before that if you join the Early Learning centre you can get 10%discount. Happy shopping :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
as I am on the Isle of Man, people like Community Playthings refuse to deliver to us!!!!

29017[/snapback]

Jambo, As far as I know, Community Playthings does deliver to the Isle of Man. It seems like there is a bit of a rumour going round about that, as you are the second person so say that. I just checked our records, and we made a delivery there yesterday.

Phone us on 0800 387457, and speak to your account manager.

We also offer free Room Layout and would be glad to help you get your nursery going.

Thanks

Guest LucyQ

WOW you lucky thing! I'm sure £10k will soon be used up but what fun. I'd love to have that job!

Personally, I don't think you can't beat Community Playthings but I would say go for quality rather than quantity. It always pays in the long run. And avoid plastic!!!