Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Planning

silvermakeup

Hi there :)

Just a quick question as i am in the middle of adapting our baby room planning (fun way to spend a weekend, i know!) and i really just wanted to check and see if anybody else still uses a 'long term plan'? My short term plan is ok, covering childrens needs and interests but im thinking more of a yearly plan to show what we plan to cover? I.e. November we'll be looking at shiny things and fireworks, December we'll be looking at christmas etc.

Any help and advice is welcomed! :)

But what if i dont use the eyfs because im up in sunny scotland?? We dont really have anything like that, we just use the Birth to three matters which doesnt seem to give any help on planning whatsoever! Then am i allowed to use little 'topics' for each month, but use the childrens needs and interests to develop them? :)

I'd say if you had a long term plan showing when specific and important events are, with short term plans showing how you follow children's interests then you'll be fine.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)