Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hindu Appropriate?

Have a Child starting soon from a Hindu family so no beef - easy. Made an on the spot decision to ask child for a playdate tonight (he is my own son's classmate). Did plan to serve pork sausages (Waitrose free range). Having a panic that there may be beef somewhere in the recipe. Have looked on Waitrose website but don't seem to see anything obvious about appropriateness.

Does anyone have experience in this area? Best to pop to shops to get veg sausages so not to look different from other children?

Don't often serve sausages for the record.

Honey

Check the ingredients for type of casings. Often pork sausages are encased in pork but sometimes beef. If beef is not mentioned in the ingredients list then you should be fine.

ppp

I mind for 3 hindu families and too be honest apart from a little chicken and fish they eat very little meat and usually dont eat what i give them, most of their home diet is vegetarian as they feel this is a healthier diet :)

hth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)