Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Induction Procedure

hali

Hello girlies

has any kind sole :) got a check list they could let me see/copy for new staff inductions, was told it was good pratice to have one...and i havnt!! :o

Thankyou in advance :D:D:D

Hali

Did you go on the "Good Leader Good Team" training by any chance?

There's an induction checklist in one of the handouts, so you could tweak that. I'd never heard of such a checklist (certainly never been offered one myself!).

I'll be interested to see if anyone here has one!

Its on my very long 'to do' list, so I'll check with you again when (note the confidence!!) I get mine done.

You didn't want it before about 2007, did you??

Maz

:o ok 'star' which table were you at............................ thank you must have overlooked that one ..gone through it all this week, could only find the notes i'd written - will re- look xD:(:(:(

Hali - remember the sad soul who arrived half an hour late on the first week? That was me I'm afraid!

The chart is on the "Developing the Team: a Guide to Performance Management" handout, Appendix A.

Not to say that I've actually read it though: I just had it in my day book and came across it yesterday - obviously because I knew you were going to want it. Obviously I don't need Nicola's crystal ball after all!

Maz

Hi Lucy

I can't speak for Hali, of course, but I just looked at the induction policy you suggested - its good because it tells you exactly what a new member of staff will be doing at certain stages of the induction period.

Something like this for my setting would be really good, in addition to the checklist Hali mentioned. It would greatly help with planning staff deployment during induction periods, and to ensure that procedures followed are the same for all staff members.

This would also reduce the possibility of being taken to a tribunal for unfair dismissal on the basis of unfair treatment if it all went 'pear shaped'.

Thanks for finding it!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)