Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ethical Dilemmas

dottyp

Sitting here drafting my very first assignment and feeling a little confused!!! Could anyone kindly give

me a gentle nudge in briefly explaining a few ethical dilemmas in multi professional working! I have lots of notes

but the first few words seem to be the hardest part of an essay! thank you kind people :o

Off the top of my head ethical dilemmas in multi professional work could occur around what you fell is best for a child maybe not being the same as maybe Social Care or the Health profession for example. From personal experience at times I have felt a real struggle between my concept of what may be right for a family and other professional opinion - especially when I may have been working with the family closely for years and the other services have just engaged. I suppose it's looking at where professionals are coming from and finding common ground ?

Also confidentiality and sharing information with other agencies - when a trusting relationship has been forged with a family and then things they have shared have to be passed on to others , can be a dilemma, making it clear to the family you have to pass info on - runs the risk of them never confiding in you again - also what will happen to the info when shared and effective use of it . Hope it helps a bit.

The CAF process goes some way to 'filling in the gaps' in multi agency working but it is still hard at times to all be singing from the same hymn sheet.

But still doesn't quite have the necessary authority to ensure that every professional does what they agree to do, come to meetings and carry out tasks and visits to the pre-agreed schedule, in my experience! :o

Maz

Mine too Maz but I suppose it's like every 'new' initiative - it takes some people time to realise that it applies to them as well as others and that just because they are a ................. (mentioning no professions for fear of reprisal :o ) they also need to be on board and in the long run it may just make thier job a little easier ! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)