Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displays

Hi -

Recently I saw a post on a forum asking if anyone had any ideas for Christmassy displays. Unfortunately we didn't see it till after Christmas :o , but I thought I'd post some pictures of our Christmas displays anyway. They could be useful for next Christmas - and they give me a chance to try putting pictures up. Let's see how we get on...

Hi Jen-

I've had a disaster today and lost my only pair of glasses while flying a kite with my children, so if this looks like its in code its because I'm a touch typist and I've put all my fingers down one space to the right...

With regard to the pictures, you can attach them by going down to the bottom of the screen when creating a message to the bit that says File Attachments, and browsing to a file on your system;

If thats not in English or you need more explanation let me know. Its because I can't see anything except when I'm holding one hand over one eye! :o

• 2 months later...

Hi there Steve-great idea putting photos-ill need to get a digital camera.They look lovely.What age group was it? or was it mixed.Talking about typing i still type with 2 fingers -ill have to do something about it :o

Hi Johnoy -

Thanks for that. I think perhaps we should do it regularly, but the months go by and I miss another set of displays...

A digital camera is great - the children love it too. We post (though again not as often as we should) pictures of the children on our nursery website, and the parents really enjoy seeing their kids in situations they know nothing about!

And re the typing. I'm still trying to work out if I'm in credit or if it took me longer to learn to do than the time I've saved since! <_>

Regards, Steve.

PS - the children are mixed age from 3 to about 4.5 years.

• 1 month later...

We hold our group in a church hall but are lucky that the church has allocated two display boards for us

some terms we change the boards completely and others we adapt what is already there

the last two terms we have had a large tree and adapted the change from winter to spring now summer is here we have removed the tree and put sea and a beach for childrens pictures to be added.

There seems to be a bit of competition this term, we have labelled the childrens work with their first names and this seems to have given then extra motivation to do pictures for the board. Also we have notice a new interest in the displays as the children drag their parents over to the board at the end of a session to say "look I did that bit" which has proved ot be a great chance for us to talk to parents about what we do during the session. So many parents think we just play so the display boards give a good opportunity to demonstrated to the parents, "look what we have been learning"

• 1 year later...

How about this one - when I had a display table, we all made soap flake snowmen. I built a snow landscape using fabric, boxes etc. and displayed them along with the Santa from the small world box, cuddly snowmen and penguins, books like The snowman, cuddly dudley, penguin small etc.

This was done in conjunction with snowstorms, which were added a week later to the table and penguin skating painting, which were displayed on the walls around.

All were labelled with both hand written and typed text explaing what we did, and vocab that came from the activity.

Hope this might help someone.

post-3-1096486615.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to go an add my senses face to the gallery. I'll add other pictures of other displays as I get around to it, but the whole school is ofsted mad at the moment! hope you guys like it!

Hi Mimi -

It's ok, you're not going blind. I only put it there last week! :D

To start your own albums, just go to the My Controls page. To the left, close to the top you'll see the Gallery links, from where you'll be able to upload and organise your own picture albums.

Hi

I have got some photos of displays that I thought I would try to start up my gallery with but they need scanning in first. Help needed before I start

'tinkering' (as you know Steve, I have 'messed' up once or twice!) I know how to get to my gallery - but then what?? :o

Sue J

Hi Sue -

It's quite straightforward, and if you mess anything up, or put the wrong images up, there's a way of making sure no-one else can see it.

First, go to My Controls, then 'Your Albums'. Then click the 'Create Album' link. At this stage you'll have some preferences you can set. If you make the album 'Private', then no-one else can see the pictures you're putting up anyway. Once you've looked at them and are sure it all looks as you want it to look, just change the setting from 'Private' to 'Public'. And that's it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)