Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Private And Possibily Free Website?

Hello

Toying with the idea of having a website (mostly as a way of keeping in touch with parents) it would need to be private (ie passworded) or at least a few pages private. and would need to be as cheap as possible.

Does anyone know where to start looking? what do you do website wise??

Thanks

Guest jenpercy

Why do you want private pages? does this fill a real need. My take on this would be that you can't put anything in private pages that you don't want ex-parents, friends of parents etc toknow about!

Why do you want private pages? does this fill a real need. My take on this would be that you can't put anything in private pages that you don't want ex-parents, friends of parents etc toknow about!

Funnily enough as I was typin last night I was thinking just that! at the last committee meeting we talked about a website and several people wanted private pages so we could post about outings/parties etc but to be honest I can't see that having this info on a site will pose any security risk.... will discuss with chair again, but the more I think about this the more I think we don't need private pages.

Who do other settings use for their website?

thanks

I use weebly.com, it is completely free and extremely simple to use.

If you pay a small fee you can get an upgraded version which I believe allows you to have some password protected pages.

I use weebly for 3 websites (old and current pre-school and out of school club). Vey esy to use and you can upload letters. Found that it has actually attracted business too.

I find it really useful for people who are enquiring. They can download a booking form and read all about us. We also have a map of how to find us which is useful for people visiting us for the first time

• 2 weeks later...