Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Blackpool

Buttercup

I just saw a post for dublin that got me thinking I am sure someone here could recommend a hotel in Blackpool. I want to go for one night in half term but am struggling to find somewhere with room for 2 adults and 3 children.

all help appreciated. dont want to spend whole of half term doing paperwork.

buttercup

Every year I tell myself I'll go and see the illuminations but never get round to it. Its such a touristy thing to do and one year I will get there. Does anyone know when they are turned on and how long they're on for?

Then maybe I shall stay in one of the hotels suggested for you, Buttercup. However we've got three children and have always found getting a family room for 5 very difficult.

Good luck!

Maz

I have just had an email from an hotel to say can do two rooms. May consider this £150 though. Just reading reviews some good some bad. Pictures look ok. Who do you believe. I think I have watched too much hotel inspector.

Trying to go somewhere cheap was going to do lego land but decided too may little chidren (work with them all week) and too busy. I am sure blackpool will prob be just the same. Going to use tesco vouchers for rides.

Illuminations go onto 7th November.

buttercup

If you are ever going on holiday and staying in accommodation I strongly suggest you check out trip advisor - it is very very useful for home and abroad!

ppp

Heron's reach is just near blackpool (about 5 or so mins drive) and is one of the devere hotels. i would highly reccomend it, i stayed there with a friend and her children and my little sister (we had a family suite with a double bed in one side and two singles in the other (interconnecting middle doors), they also gave us a guest bed for the additional child we had (all in all two adults and three children)

Every year I tell myself I'll go and see the illuminations but never get round to it. Its such a touristy thing to do and one year I will get there. Does anyone know when they are turned on and how long they're on for?

Good luck!

Maz

Blackpool lights are a pilgrimage in this neck of the woods Maz. They run from 3rd September to 7th November and fish and chips are obligatory, as well as unbeatable in flavour and freshness compared with elsewhere. I haven't been for quite a few years but the beauty of Blackpool with children is that there is lots to do whatever the weather.

By the way isn't it time we organised a FSF meet and why not next year in Blackpool, after all the political parties go there turn by turn don't they so why not us? Alternatively, what about something in Birmingham next year for the education show?