Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harvest Festival

OK i am stuck for ideas I have recently been put in charge of festivals and have been asked to do something for harvest festival... i know some schools do things where they make food parcels etc but I have no idea where i would find someone to send these to???

Our local school takes the children's offerings round to the care homes in the district. Alternatively, do you have a Salvation Army nearby they make up food parcels for families in need, elderly in need, and run soup kitchens, perhaps your children might be able to bring in tins of soup for the soup run.

Some communities don't really do "harvest" in the strict sense and might collect stationery items to equip a school abroad or those shoebox appeals which go out to the eastern block countries

My school does a variety of things...

Give half the offerings to the local Old People's home and half to a shelter for the homeless (who really appreciate things like tin foil and loo rolls aswell)

The Year 6 children have a Harvest Tea where they invite 'the old folk' to tea and cakes (the children bake the cakes, make the tea, write invitations, decorate the tables...)

We have a special assembly to share our Harvest songs with the parents - "Cauliflowers Fluffy" is my favourite!

Hi we make and collect food baskets at our pre-school. Our local vicar comes in and talks to the children about sharing, with the children re-enacting a sharing story. All parcels are then taken by him to the local women's refuge.A great way to show children caring for others. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)