Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

You Know You're Really Sad When...

mundia

well in my case, when I spent a far bit of the day turning my compost heap.

Now the really sad bit?

I was really chuffed with what it looked like!

Come on then, what makes your family say 'you're really sad....'

Well the other night when having dinner with some friends I said I would be buying a new laser printer with an unexpected windfall.

It all makes perfect sense to me, but they seemed to think I should be buying shoes or some such.

But shoes won't print out the 10 Year Childcare Strategy, will they?

Now, that really is sad!

Maz

Well the other night when having dinner with some friends I said I would be buying a new laser printer with an unexpected windfall. 

It all makes perfect sense to  me, but they seemed to think I should be buying shoes or some such.

But shoes won't print out the 10 Year Childcare Strategy, will they?

Now, that really is sad!

Maz

28607[/snapback]

I'm with you Rea and my stairs have been hoovered

I missed the first episode but saw last nights. I thought it was brilliant, I was scared just like when I was little and had to remind myself that the heroine wouldnt die. There are plenty of us sad people about mundia :D

I missed the first episode but saw last nights. I thought it was brilliant, I was scared just like when I was little and had to remind myself that the heroine wouldnt die. There are plenty of us sad people about mundia  :D

28651[/snapback]

Oh Gals I don't feel such a wimp now I have read your posts. Have been an avid Dr fan for as long as I can remember, well back to Patrick Troughten anyway, and I loved the new Dr and I still hid behind a paper when the scary music started. Dr Who and Thunderbirds were the two tv programmes my mum could hold over me to get me to be good. Ah those days. My two don't want to know either programe and much prefer cartoons!!!!!!!

Ah those golden days of old :o

I haven't seen the new Dr Who, but well remember the old ones. :D

NEWS HEADLINE - Our local Gazette. CHILDREN WILL NOT ENTER MARKS & SPENCERS BECAUSE OF FEAR OF DUMMIES.

The manager had to remove all the manequins from the front window of our local Marks & Spencer store because parents ( quite a few) rang the store to say their children were terrified that the dummies would attack and eat them, after watching Dr Who. One girl, who needed a new school uniform cried hysterically and mum had to return once the dummies were removed.

The manager say's he will re-instate the dummies once the children are back at school next week.

WHO SAY'S THE MEDIA DOESN'T INFLUENCE OUR CHILDREN :o

Peggy

My family all think I'm really sad because I am a list maker. The one I really got the most ribbing about (and still do) is when I actually sat down to make a list of the lists I needed to make. :oxD

Its so nice to know that there are other people out there who save their cleaning and tidying for holiday time - but then regret not having done it sooner. How sad am I - wanting to know why the moon affects behaviour - see my note under another forum somewhere.

A note for Maz - great you've got a lazer printer to print out the 10 year strategy but for anyone who doesn't own one you can order it free of charge it may take a little longer.

Nikki

Patience was never my strong point, Nikki! Actually I ordered it (the Strategy) a while ago, but as yet it hasn't arrived. We're taking bets on whether the printer will arrive before the Strategy! I know which my money's on...

Maz

an even better trick with list making is to write down something you've already completed and then you can cross it off straight away!

I have a palm pilot, sort of electronic personal organiser. I love making lists on it you can have one heading and then break it down into tiny steps, put a time to do it by, add a alarm to tell you when you are late doing it. Yes you've guessed I make lots of list and then spend all my time ticking things off :o:(xD Very useful tool though I have no idea how I would survive if I ever lost it, luckily it is backed up on the computer, well bits of it only.

Now what do I need to do next ............................................

Hi Gizzy

I have a PDA too - and it gives a very satisfying beep when you cross of a task. Trouble is I'm good at adding more items but not so good at actually doing the jobs...

Maz

Hi everyone,

I have been away for 4 days and the first thing I did was look at what work I need to do before Monday and then get on this site.

Abi

A glorified electronic organiser, really but with a few bells and whistles. You can store addresses, log appointments (it tells you when you're supposed to be in two places at once!).

Great for keeping 'to do' lists, keeping track of accounts, spreadsheets etc. You can even get your emails!

Maz