Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Are Your Pogos?

emmajess

I've been intrigued by the pogo threads that have been on here over the last year, and am on the verge of buying one for each teacher in the team, so I just wondered: have they proved as perfect as they promised to be? In particular, I wondered if the photos fade over time (I had visions of using them in children's learning journeys at start of reception and the photos having faded by the end of the year) and if they are up to the extreme use they will undergo in a Foundation Stage environment?!! :o Are they up to printing out the sheer numbers of photos, or are they really more for home use?

If you are all still happy with yours and haven't gone back to old printing methods, I will be over the moon and will go shopping asap!

I have one - I do use it at the setting, but it is not our main source of printing (it's my personal one) as the cost per-print is to expensive for us. However I do use it at work for labeling tray etc and haven't had a problem with fading. I would say the 'cordless' aspect isn't great and I usually use it plugged into the mains, but again I don't really have issues with that. And, to be honest even when I'm out and about with family you can usually find a plug socket most places nowdays!!!

We have ours out every day. We take photos to support observations and print them out straight away. The children love it and often watch the photos being printed and want to stick them in their learning stories themselves. Because they are sticky backed, they call them their 'special stickers'. They often 'write' their own observations at the same time by telling us about what they were doing. We all love it.

The quality is not the best but it's sufficient for our purpose. Haven't noticed any fading. The cost isn't too bad because the printer itself is cheap and there is no ink to buy. It pays to shop around for the paper which can be a bit pricey. For special events where I take lots of photos, I still get them printed from an online site such as Snapfish.

Wouln't be without it!

Karen x

Mine doesn't seem to be working at the moment :o I am hoping it is the camera rather than the printer.

They had a special offer on the paper at Amazon recently.

They are really good, but one downside is that if you have quite a few photos to print it does take quite a long time (about a minute a picture - doesn't sound long, but it soon adds up). However, you can set them to print and then go off and do something else. Or print them with the children, as the previous poster suggested.

Carrots x

We have 2, and I have to say they don't get used very much. One prints with what appear to be scratches down the prints and as already said, they have to be plugged into the mains mostly. I print about a dozen pictures a day, and it's easier for me to print this amount on a sheet of sticky labels via the printer. In fact it's quicker for me to do this than print them off the pogo! That includes uploading them, resizing to fit the sticker and then printing. The pogos are good if you want to involve the children as it maintains their interest and they like the 'magic' aspect of it.

I don't know about fading as we've only used them since last June-ish