Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is Bronchitis A Riddor Notifiable Disease?

I have bronchitis and think that its been either caused or exacerbated by the church adjacent to the preschool, having serious dry (and wet rot) or potentailly the fungacides used to treat it as the doors were left open to ventilate and that meant it blew into our shared corridor...I repeatedly told the committee we should close and had the church given them sight of any risk assessment...but they ignored me

I have been told to not go back to work til well and/or work has finished but as this is one of many many issues, I am tempted to say my health is more important and quit!!

But over all this is the fear at the health risk to the few children we still have attending!!

HELP

Hi, I would phone the health and safety executive, or ACAS, about your rights as an employee. Who is your named person in charge of health and safety? Do the committee realise that they are responsible for ensuring employees' health is protected?

Good luck. Sorry I don't know the answer to your original question.

Does your GP agree that the bronchitis has been caused by the works undertaken? If yes, then you may have a case for reporting, but if not, then I don't think so. Always worth a phone call, and follow advice given.

Sorry but not a Riddor expert.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)