Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stay Or Go?

SazzJ

I feel so dishearted and I am ready to pack it all in

I get little recgontion at work for the time and effort I put in both in and out fo work and still I get the committee complaining :o about petty stuff that they have no understanding of what so ever

I wanted to give the children a chance to settle in and get to know the staff before allocating key workers. No this isn't good enough for them and they have pushed me into quickly dishing them out. We had no chance to chat and see who had built up better relationships with who etc

I sent out a a4 sheet with 6 questions on to involve parents in planning, fantastic I thought, only one goes and states that her child will need a lot of support to feel comfortable as her older sibling never did. The child in question was very shy but would talk for hours if something interested him and his sibling is complently different though mum stayed for 2 full sessions which didn't help. Why raise an issue that happened in the past - she should have addressed it with us their and then if she had concerns not wait 4 months

I just don't know how much more i can take xD

Aww *hugs* Don't really know what to say to help your situation but didn't want to read and run! Is there anyone on the committee you can talk to? As for the parent - there will always be one or two that never say anything until something else triggers them off months later. Take a deep breath, smile sweetly and know in your heart that what you're doing is right and in the best interests of the children in your care.

Big hugs :o its really hard sometimes when you know how much you work and nobody seems to give you the recognition you are so deserving of.

Is your keyperson approach always been this way or are you trying to bring in a new iniative which people may not fully understand the rationale behind it.

Is there someone on your committee that you can discuss this with or even an early years advisor to come in to explain your procedures and why.

Wishing you good luck xD

Why raise an issue that happened in the past - she should have addressed it with us their and then if she had concerns not wait 4 months

Perhaps because sometimes we parents only have these realisations after the event, when we're thinking about it again when our next child is about to go through the same period of their life. It sounds to me like you provided a really good way for this parent to express her fears in a way that she felt comfortable with, and that you have the insights and understanding to work with her to provide the right kind of transition experience for both the child and her parent.

I'm not sure what kind of setting you're in but it sounds to me that you need to have a heart to heart with someone in authority who can listen to your feelings and find a way forward. It is definitely not the easy option but in the long run you owe it to yourself to try to resolve your difficulties rather than moving on.

Hope you begin to feel more positive soon.

Maz

Sending lots of hugs.....have felt like that so many times in the last two weeks.....it really is hard when you work such long hours, such a lot of thought goes into what, how and why we do things and it is not really appreciated by many.....dont know what to add except maybe next week you will have a couple of lovely days that restore your faith, pick yourself up and keep going - look after yourself. :oxD:( :(