Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspection Without Eyfs

Guest jenpercy

Guest jenpercy

We wre OFSTEDed twice recentlyand eventually got a satisfactory. Last year we had 10 EYFS. So far this year we have only one, who is dropped off by parents around 4 and picked up about 6 twice a week. So this prompts my questoin. How on earth would I have proved my capabilities with EYFS if that inspection had been when no EYFS were registered to us.

Guest jenpercy
Hi jenpercy can i ask what type of provision you are please. :o

sorry posted in out of school club slot but didn't make it clear that this is what we are. Some year we just don't get any regular EYFS. also thread title was meant to be WITHOUT EYFS!!!

As a childminder I often have to fulfil the requirements of the Eyfs for children who attend after school only, a few hours a week.

I have a scrap book for each of them into which they can put photos of themselves or things they have made. They might add pictures they have drawn or a few words of their special writing.

I then add links to the Eyfs, ideas for next steps following on from their interests, information linking their experiences with me to school and comments from parents etc.

I try and add something every couple of weeks so that the scrap book fills up over time.

A friend of mine cuts out monthly calendar sheets and puts those in, with circles round the days the child has attended. I might do this next time I start a new scrap book because it is useful evidence of how often the child comes vs how much you can write down / include in the book without it all getting silly.

I have also written a CP plan for them showing how much of the Eyfs they already meet through our daily routines (snack, independent choice, toileting etc). This is useful to help meet the Eyfs requirement of informing parents about what children do with me.

The rest is shown through my group planning, which again is linked to CP.

I hope this helps you :o

'i know what you mean...have just done out of school club SEF...all to do with early years and we have only 5 out of 60 children that it really applies to. Must admit i was thinking about the older children most of the time!

Surely if you had no EYFS children in at the time they would have simply asked you questions regarding this area, or looked at what you had done in the past to deal with previous EYFS children. There is nothing you can do about it if you have no EYFS children registered at the time and they couldn't count this against you.

Guest jenpercy
Surely if you had no EYFS children in at the time they would have simply asked you questions regarding this area, or looked at what you had done in the past to deal with previous EYFS children. There is nothing you can do about it if you have no EYFS children registered at the time and they couldn't count this against you.

I know this is the theory - but for a play bqased provision for whom EYFS children have traditionally comprised around 2% this would surely be just about impossible

As it happens we did have some, and we eventually passed, so that was more or less OK>.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)