Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gift For New Baby

Hi,

My sister in law is about to give birth and I wanted to get the baby a nice gift. She has all the usual stuff including clothes, bouncers etc. I was going to make a treasure basket but obviously the baby will be too young for a while. Has anyone got any nice ideas thats a bit out of the ordinary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vicki

but for unusual gifts:

how about finding a rose that has the baby's name ( or naming a rose after her/him??).......

or planting a tree somewhere................

or how about buying an acre of rainforest in baby's name?

naming a star?

an acre of land on the moon?

do a family tree, so baby will know where s/he comes from and where s/he belongs in life?you could do it as an album, with photos where possible ( I have a precious letter from my ex son-in law, telling my husband and i how thrilled he was about his daughters birth, he was serving in Kosova and missed the birth, so we telephoned to tell hi and he wrote the most lovely letter. eventually he and my daughter had the most acrimonious break up you can imagine, but I have kept the letter and am now going to pass it to my grandaughter, so she will always know how much she was wanted and how much daddy loved her, even though things aren't so good now)

I have kept the letter and am now going to pass it to my grandaughter, so she will always know how much she was wanted and how much daddy loved her, even though things aren't so good now)

That is a lovely idea - brought a lump to my throat narnia!

Maz

When my friend had her baby I thought instead of just buying the usual teddy or clothes I would buy the top 5 children's book I knew in readiness....also think it is never too early to start reading to little ones.

So here are the 5 I brought, I'm sure some of you would have different favourites but these are some of the books that I could read and read and never ever get bored of when I worked in a setting.

The Gruffalo

Room on the Broom

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Rainbow Fish

That's a lovely idea Sue - I've given the book and toy of "Guess How much I Love You" which went down well.

When my son was born, he was given some rather unusual presents :o such as a mini Swiss Army Knife (still haven't given it to him and he'll be 9 at the weekend!) and a bottle of Port (maybe when he's 18!)