Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading Scheme

We're looking to buy some new reading books and would like some that link in with phase 2 of letters and sounds, both the sounds taught and the tricky words. Can anybody recommend any?

There's loads of stuff out there, but I am just trialling the dandelion readers range (put into google and you should get some links). Can't recommend these as yet, as very early days (first week) but worth a look.

Edited by eyfs1966

The Songbirds Phonics series is great. It has a good link with the Letters and Sounds progression and the stories and pictures are fun. I have the Dandelion Readers as well. I find the stories pretty tedious and they haven't inspired the children or the parents. luluj

I use Songbird Phonics. The children love it and the progress is great. The only thing is that they follow the previous "Playing with Sounds" order. I think once can just start with words and captions until the letters covered in the first books are covered. It is worth it. I did have the Rigby Star Phonics in my hands when Pearsons came to our school, but I really did not like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)