Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maternity Leave Policy

I think there is one ( well guidance anyway) on the ACAS website - your first priority will be to have a risk assessment drawn up and discussed/agreed with the mum to be. There are regulations and obviuosly guidelines on materninity pay and benefits that have to be adhered to, and a bonus is that you can afford to take on a worker, to cover as the person's salary on maternity leave is paid back to the setting by the government - think ours is done through the PAYE system:1b

• 4 months later...

can anyone tell me how we stand with a member of staff returning to work, before going on mat leave she had trained to be and was senco, she is intending to return but will only be for 16 hrs per wk, only half the hours we are open ,as she is over her 26 wks OML when returning can we just take her back as an assistant without the senco pay increment ?

can anyone tell me how we stand with a member of staff returning to work, before going on mat leave she had trained to be and was senco, she is intending to return but will only be for 16 hrs per wk, only half the hours we are open ,as she is over her 26 wks OML when returning can we just take her back as an assistant without the senco pay increment ?

I thought job had to be kept open for 12 months? I think that you should take legal advice about this, as you want a full-time SENCO, but she may feel that you are discriminating against her as a mother by demoting her.

hi lolo, i'm thinking you're right about contacting someone for advice , Mat leave is 52 wks but broken into first 26 wks OML and next 26 wks AML if returning after ordinary mat leave it seems existing hours/days etc has to be given back as was but after 26 wks its slightly different and web sites presume everything is black and white, but my main concern is having a senco thats here and i have a member of staff who does most of it anyway (even prior to named going on mat leave) and who would like to do the training, person wanting to come back is also asking for diff hours to when she left.

could be a possibility..... that'll be the 4th senco trained in 2yrs :o ..........first decided after training she didnt want the responsibility of the role, 2nd who was very good and worked one to one with a child who moved into school a year later and she got the job there, 3rd no sooner trained than went on mat leave xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)