Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tea, Coffee, Sugar - Who Pays?

I always try to recognise the huge contribution committee members make on a voluntary basis, and the huge responsibility. I used to cringe at some of the comments made my some staff!

You would leave a gaping hole if one day you did decide to throw in the towel, you clearly care very much for your setting and have shown dedication and professionalism above and beyond the call of duty.

Goodness knows why we do this job sometimes, it's certainly not for the money.

Sometimes we have to make tough decisions to ensure sustainability and ultimately everybody's jobs!

Congratulations on sorting out your problem.

It's not easy being committee when you are putting in endless hours for free but only ever hear complaints and never get thanked. Oh well, I guess at least I can quit whenever I want!!

We had a meeting today, which I called purely because I do a lot of stuff on my own and sometimes need feedback and other peoples ideas. One memebr of staff asked a couple of times what did you want us for, is that it, can we leave now?

I know they dont get paid for meetings, but I dont get paid for ANYTHING! (I do get thanked though)

Keep on Suzie, you're doing a fabulous job :o

It's not easy being committee when you are putting in endless hours for free but only ever hear complaints and never get thanked. Oh well, I guess at least I can quit whenever I want!!

Welcome to the world of my world as owner! I could quit I guess, but not quite as easily as you!

Glad the tea and coffee thing got resolved - but how have the staff reacted to the overtime ban? Are they going to work their normal hours or will they continue as before?

Maz