Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb Checks?

just moved out of school to a small pre school, committee say they dont know how to go about getting me a CRB check and I dont know where to start.

i know that most of you must do this in your sleep. it is very difficult to be the Manager and be able to take any children to the loo!

Thankyou

as they have taken you on as a manager you / or they need to contact ofsted as you need to go through them. you need a suitable person interivew which is part of the process. there is a particualr form they will send you to start the process off

for a normal member of staff need to be done through a checking agency there are a few around to register, then they do them

for a normal member of staff need to be done through a checking agency there are a few around to register, then they do them

Proof positive that we managers are not normal!

As cybertwin says, give Ofsted a ring Bopeep and they'll sort you out. You'll have the delights of the suitable person's interview to look forward to, but really that's no problem.

Maz

Think the form you need to complete is EY2 from Ofsted, same one the committee members should have sent when elected. - (would ring to confirm), you download it from the website..

it starts a chain of other forms to complete, health declaration and CRB forms.. and then a suitable persons interview..

but they do have a tendency to claim not to get the first one so send it to them recorded delivery.. so they have to sign for it and if you do not hear from them ring them to check they have got it!

If it is a member of staff then they have to register with a CRB company and do it themselves.. we used TMG who were very helpful - perhaps they should think about registering with a company for any new staff in the future so they know what to do.

Inge

Hi Thumperrabbit you only need new CRB's when you leave and start at a new setting. What you ought to do each year is devise a Health Declaration for staff to sign stating that they continue to be fit and healthy to work with children and that they have done nothing to affect their CRB status. This is just a 'coverall' for management of course, because anyone can lie, but you have done your best to ensure that your staff remain suitable.

Hi Thumperrabbit you only need new CRB's when you leave and start at a new setting. What you ought to do each year is devise a Health Declaration for staff to sign stating that they continue to be fit and healthy to work with children and that they have done nothing to affect their CRB status. This is just a 'coverall' for management of course, because anyone can lie, but you have done your best to ensure that your staff remain suitable.

Thanks Panders, I do,do the declaration forms, so thankfully its not another job on the list!

As a chain we renew everyone's CRB every 3 years; not compulsory but apparently considered good practice. As Manager though Ofsted do my CRB and they won't renew it unless I move settings

We also do the annual declaration forms, and three year renewal but have found that the last few we have done of these have cost us about £65 each, where previously they were free,because staff are still in the same setting , so will have to factor that into the budget now. The only ones we seem to get through are staff who have married since last crb ( Had three in the last few months) these seem to get through, maybe the new name doesn't connect with the old one :o We use TMG also - no problems.