Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What's On Your Washing Line?

Hello,

After a long ban on there use at my school washing lines are now back on the planning and enhancing classrooms across the school!!

At the moment mine has squidgy numbers on it for ordering to 10. But it got me wondering..

What is on your washing line? :o

and what has been your most successful washing line activity.

I would welcome any ideas as squidgy numbers are not going to inspire my class for long!

We gave children a cut out teddy shape and they decorated them with all manner of things from around the room and outdoors. We pegged these up with a letter of the alphabet hanging from a cotton thread beneath them. The children very quickly learned the letter their bear had! If we'd been able to have it up for longer - rather than just the fortnight before we broke up, we'd have changed the letters about to see if children learned the new letter and could still locate the old one. We've more than 26 children though now.......

I took pictures of individual children wearing number tabards 0-10. They really liked looking at the pictures of themselves and talking about the numbers they were wearing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)