Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Work Storage Issue

hi, im hoping that some of you very knowledgable people out there will be able to help me...

I work in a small porta-kabin and space is at a premium but would like each child to have there own, drawer or similar for letters, work and any other important info that needs to go home.

I'm certain i have seen somewhere a hanging pocket system coloured blue and made out of plastic, i sent for some pockets from ebay but they are tiny....

can anyone out there point me in the right direction or have you any ideas.... what do you do at your setting

mel

Made our own - Three layer wooden shoe shelf from argos, cover the back and sides with thick card then use a staple gun to attach plain fabric (as deep as the shelf and as tall as each layer) to make the vertical divisions - say 10 or so each level...gives you 30 individual compartments. Add small metal hooks to the shelf above each compartment to hang a name on (or stick them if they don't need to be changed).

The whole thing takes up very little space but works so well...total cost about £10 if you already have suitable fabric and staple gun!

Alternatively Wesco do up to A4 size hanging fabric / plastic wall pockets...

wesco

Each child has a tray which contains their special book, and is big enough to take their book bags, and deep enough to hold most toys etc. They are stackable so are easy to pack away each day. Each tray is labelled with the child's name and picture beginning with the same initial letter sound of their name, so children can always recognise their own when they want to put things away.

Maz

Did visit one setting where they had a book shelf and each child had a large cereal box on it where they could put items and letters to take home.. the children had decorated it when they started and it was positioned so parents could access it every day when collecting children...

worked really well, but was not good in our packaway setting.. we invested in drawer cabinet on wheels and children put their name on a drawer when they arrived, removed name and collected contents on leaving.. so we only needed enough for the max children at any one time..

Inge

Edited by Inge

I have a trolley with files in it for children and parents to access from Viking Direct

viking direct

It works well as it can be wheeled out for parents to check before we open the doors. They can also file their child's birthday invitations as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)