Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Folder

kb124

I agree - once you know what the folder's purpose is, you'll have a better idea what you need.

Mine is designed to show how our setting meets the welfare requirements, so it has a mixture of policies, forms, leaflets etc.

Maz

I am not sure to be honest. i assumed it was a standard Children's Centre requirement. From what I have gathered it will be used to supplement the SEF and also provide information to anyone who wants detailed information on what goes on- staff, visitors. Not for families so much (although if they asked to see it there would be no reason they could not). I gather some of the things it needs to have are group details, planning etc but I wonder3ed if anyone can offer me more ideas on what would make a great file?

hi kb124

I am a children centre worker but work closely with our centre teacher. She set up EYFS files for every group or session we run and I and the other 2 centre workers write in them every week after we have run each session/group. In each one we have a session plan(linked to EYFS)section for photo evidence,section for parents,section for evaluations,

Unsworth

From what I have gathered it will be used to supplement the SEF and also provide information to anyone who wants detailed information on what goes on- staff, visitors

It sounds a bit like what we call our Ofsted File. Ours is a binder of basically all our evidence to give Ofsted when they arrive. It has the five outcomes as dividers and from there we put in examples of forms, policies, photographs etc of what happens in our setting and shows how we meet the EYFS. This is different to the Important Information File which has details of the group ethos, information on the children etc which would be essential information for someone new (supply), advising etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)