Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ou Results

I see from the OU site that E215 results are out so just to say I am thinking of all forum members for whom today is quite a day.

For those who don't know E215 is the final OU course for the foundation degree.

I know from past experience the waiting for results feeling and the constant clicking on the OU site to see if they 'are in' So fingers crossed for you all that you get what you are hoping for :o

for those that may not have seen it .. there is a message from the moderator to say that the E215 and E115 forums are now closed and students are asked to use the FDEY chat forum for 'results' messages.

Not many there as yet, one success, one resubmit and one pending result.

Gutted i have failed but entitled to resubmit. confused thhough as acheived 41 on examinable bit and 48 on TMA's?????

so upset

Gutted i have failed but entitled to resubmit. confused thhough as acheived 41 on examinable bit and 48 on TMA's?????

so upset

Have a 'virtual hug' and try not to be too hard on yourself.

I understand your confusion as everything seems to say that you need to achieve 40 in examinable and in TMA's but there is a little bit more too it than that. It's a case of reading the small print I guess about the 'thresholds' that apply.

For now I would just be kind to yourself and when you are not quite so upset I would perhaps ring the OU for clarification. I do hope you will resubmit and there are plenty of people around to offer support - take care

Geraldine

thank you so much

checked with OU and think one prt of the ECA was below the threshold....grateful i can at least resubmit

Lindy

Geraldine

thank you so much

checked with OU and think one prt of the ECA was below the threshold....grateful i can at least resubmit

Lindy

Sounds as though it's just a case of 'tweaking' and perhaps things don't look quite so bleak now. I think the intial shock on receiving results you don't want is really hard to deal with so I take my hat off to you for contacting the OU already and for putting a positive spin on the situation by being grateful you can resubmit.

I have done 8 OU courses before achieving my BA (Hons) in Early Years and believe me I had tears and tantrums along the way and picking yourself up after a disappointing result is far from easy.

I think it has already been said but there are lots of current/past OU students on this forum and I am sure we are all more than happy to help if we can. I think when you get your detailed feedback you should have a much clearer idea of what you need to do but my guess is there is nothing major - just one bit that needs a little attention

I've just had another look to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me throughout this course. I very much appreciate the advice, support and the confidence boosting given by some lovely generous people (you know who you are!!) on this forum.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. xxxxx

Hi,

I have just checked and passed E115 whey hey, 2 more courses to go though. I'm halfway through u212 then e215 starting in Oct.

Lindy not sure which course you need to resubmit but if its the E115 and you need any help please let me know

Rapunzel x x

still waiting for my result for E105.... but thinking of everyone else too - good luck!

Fingers crossed for you too :o but am a bit confused about your message as E105 is a new course which replaces E115. I was involved in 'the making' of this new course and thought it was being presented for the first time in October this year??

Of course I am happy to be corrected and would love to know what you thought of it if you have studied it xD

Fingers crossed for you too :o but am a bit confused about your message as E105 is a new course which replaces E115. I was involved in 'the making' of this new course and thought it was being presented for the first time in October this year??

Of course I am happy to be corrected and would love to know what you thought of it if you have studied it xD

oooppsss, of course I mean E100, E105 is next!

oooppsss, of course I mean E100, E105 is next!

:o easy mistake to make!

fingers crossed for your results and I would really like to hear what you think of E105. I think it is a great improvement on E115 and it's certainly bang up to date!!

how exciting to be involved in it!!

Don't want to highjack the post but... I've already done ED209 which was great and I did quite well on my TMA's but I really struggled with E100 possibly because of the different style of writing and expectations. It took me ages to get my 'notebook' sorted out so that the information in it was actually useful when it came to writing the TMA's! Often I'd find a comment and then not know whether it was my own thoughts or something from the text - and of course spent hours searching for it to make sure I wasn't plaguerising (you know what I mean :o )

I'm really looking forward to E105 and will certainly let you know what I think!

xD

Hi

I am going to be starting the E105 in October. I got a credit transfer for the E100 so this will be a new way of study for me. I am sure I will be shouting out to you all when I start it.

Goodluck to everybody who may awaiting their results.

Fi

how exciting to be involved in it!!

Don't want to highjack the post but... I've already done ED209 which was great and I did quite well on my TMA's but I really struggled with E100 possibly because of the different style of writing and expectations. It took me ages to get my 'notebook' sorted out so that the information in it was actually useful when it came to writing the TMA's! Often I'd find a comment and then not know whether it was my own thoughts or something from the text - and of course spent hours searching for it to make sure I wasn't plaguerising (you know what I mean :o )

I'm really looking forward to E105 and will certainly let you know what I think!

xD

oh yes I know exactly what you mean! I made this mistake quite early on and from then on I always used the margin when I was making notes and would put things like 'tutor thoughts' or 'book 1 p23' and sometimes I would come up with a sentance I liked and might use in a TMA somewhere so in the margin i wrote 'mine!' Funny system mabye but it served me well for my remaining courses.

It was very exciting to be involved and it is one of the best things I have ever done - the OU asked me and I couldn't say yes quick enough! To see payment in my bank at the end of the month made me laugh - I would have done it for nothing (but shhh! don't tell them that!!)

I hope you find the course materials clear there were several attempts at getting it 'right' and my job was to read the material as if I was a student doing the course and raise queries and makes suggestions on bits I didn't 'like'. I haven't seen the finished result but overall it looked really good to me and not as complicated as E115

oh yes I know exactly what you mean! I made this mistake quite early on and from then on I always used the margin when I was making notes and would put things like 'tutor thoughts' or 'book 1 p23' and sometimes I would come up with a sentance I liked and might use in a TMA somewhere so in the margin i wrote 'mine!' Funny system mabye but it served me well for my remaining courses.

It was very exciting to be involved and it is one of the best things I have ever done - the OU asked me and I couldn't say yes quick enough! To see payment in my bank at the end of the month made me laugh - I would have done it for nothing (but shhh! don't tell them that!!)

I hope you find the course materials clear there were several attempts at getting it 'right' and my job was to read the material as if I was a student doing the course and raise queries and makes suggestions on bits I didn't 'like'. I haven't seen the finished result but overall it looked really good to me and not as complicated as E115

sorry, just someone else trying not to hijack the post but just wanted to say that this sounds like an amazing job Geraldine, well done on getting it!!!

Rapunzel

sorry, just someone else trying not to hijack the post but just wanted to say that this sounds like an amazing job Geraldine, well done on getting it!!!

Rapunzel

Thank you! but wouldn't want to mislead you - I haven't landed a new 'job' with the OU. I was asked by the course chair if I would like to do it and I jumped at it. It was just blocks of study material sent and I had a timescale to get my comments back to them. It was only over a few months and didn't take up much time at all.

I do confess to having my fingers crossed though as I know that E215 will be replaced so hoping to get asked to read material for the replacement!

Thank you! but wouldn't want to mislead you - I haven't landed a new 'job' with the OU. I was asked by the course chair if I would like to do it and I jumped at it. It was just blocks of study material sent and I had a timescale to get my comments back to them. It was only over a few months and didn't take up much time at all.

I do confess to having my fingers crossed though as I know that E215 will be replaced so hoping to get asked to read material for the replacement!

Have to say I am very jealous, would love to do something like that, and like you would probably do it for free!!! :oxD

Hi,

I have just checked and passed E115 whey hey, 2 more courses to go though. I'm halfway through u212 then e215 starting in Oct.

Lindy not sure which course you need to resubmit but if its the E115 and you need any help please let me know

Rapunzel x x

Hello

its E215 the final bit!!! not had feedback yet

Lindy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)