Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

I work in a nursery attached to a primary school and wondered if anyone would mind sharing their format for long term, medium term or short term/weekly planning. I'm ok for continuous provision planning format but really want to know what the essential elements are for all the rest. Thanks julie

I'm sure if you do a search you'll find lots of info - planning seems to be a hot topic at the moment :o

from my point of view my long term planning is a list of events/celebrations/parent partnership meetings etc (linked to eyfs) and of course the eyfs document itself.

medium term is linked to this and explains what we are going to do within the month to link to long term. Short term is done daily to go with childrens next steps/and medium term plan. Interestingly i do nor do continous provision sheets - i'm really wondering if i need to as i thought eyfs documents covered what i needed :( and my continuos provision is never the same xD as we are a small unit we need to ring the changes often...for instance difficult for me to have water and sand out together so these get swopped around :( good luck

I am sorry that I can't post links but there is a very good answer you might like to read by a member called ABCDoes on July 13 2010, if you do a forum search on this member you will find this post they are an early years consultant and it is a very comprehensive answer.

Having been given instructions from another member (I'll get you later Whiplash!), I'm going to try to do a link to the post above.

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...mp;#entry262608

actually not too bad it worked!!! you just need to scroll up to post number 4!!

Edited by Panders

hi we have long term very much now about the running of the setting what to do when a kind of diary/planner really we put a few planned festivals other than that we do not follow topics just interests that children have got going on and this acan 1 or many just depending

do not do medium, i think a waste of time and a good tree!

do a continious provision which may change depending on interests etc, we are pack away and this is eseential piece of info if i am not in and someone else is setting up

planning around th eyfs is done by the children key people and in put onto another weekly planning sheet this is done for individual children and so the aspects we are looking at varies to each child

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)