Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visits

Hi, I am trying to think of a visit that could be linked to traditional tales. Anywhere in Yorkshire would do, have tried theatres etc but no one seems to offer a creative day... ANy ideas would be gratefully received!!!!!

Thanks

PS I am in reception

how traditional do you want? Is there an owl sanctuary you could use to some texts on wise old owls?

There's the steam railway at Pickering - or are railway stories a bit 'modernistic'?

Er, the beach - there's Whitby and Dracula of course ...... I'll keep thinking

Old Mother Shipton's dropping well

Have you looked on here?

Edited by Cait

how traditional do you want? Is there an owl sanctuary you could use to some texts on wise old owls?

There's the steam railway at Pickering - or are railway stories a bit 'modernistic'?

Er, the beach - there's Whitby and Dracula of course ...... I'll keep thinking

Old Mother Shipton's dropping well

Have you looked on here?

Thanks for those ideas, was thinking more of fairy stories, wanted to maybe visit a castle, dressed up with some kind of storytelling experience?

I am sure I have heard of something before but cant find anything now! Typical x

Abbey House museum in Leeds adn Shibden Hall in Halifax - I'm sure both of these offer 'Cinderella' days, where someone dresses up as Cinders and the children take part in her daily life - good reports from friends who have used these!

Jenni

Abbey House museum in Leeds adn Shibden Hall in Halifax - I'm sure both of these offer 'Cinderella' days, where someone dresses up as Cinders and the children take part in her daily life - good reports from friends who have used these!

Jenni

Thanks! I am looking into all your posts xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)