Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Settling In Pack

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well!

I was thinking of making up a pack for new children who are coming to my setting (private day nursery) to make the transition from home to nursey to easier for the children!

I was thinking of making a book about the nursery they could look at, at home with their parents any ideas for what else I can include?

How about a walk through type booklet with lots of photos and a little text against each photo explaining what goes on include photos of things like the toilets, different play areas, where coats get hung up, procedures and routines for the day type stuff, whos who, if there is a parent section copies of key policies, whether to bring wellies and/or a sunhat etc.

I find it's the funny little things that can bother parents and children sometimes, such as what do I do if it's my child's birthday - what can I bring in, is it celebrated at nursery and if so how? do you have a system for sending home children's art and craft - ours goes home once a week, occasionally as it's made if the children want to however, we don't mind, we send library books home once a week, but like them returned before a child's last session the following week to change them over. Make sure they know you have potties, toilet seats etc. but that you need to know how a child likes to best go to the loo and if they need to bring in their own seat - we had one little boy that would only use his own - lasted about 2 weeks!

I think it is some of the quirkier things that can take some time to get to know as a new parent anyway.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and all the great ideas, this will keep me nice and busy over the weekend, thanks again x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)