Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Target Setting

My targets will be to complete the Profile asap, so i will be looking at the outstanding statements in CLLD and PRSN and PSE and matching these into the framework objectives for Literacy and numeracy to make them SMART, hopefully. PSE skills I will look at with the children and talk to them about what they need/ would like to be better at.

Hope that helps.

My targets will be to complete the Profile asap, so i will be looking at the outstanding statements in CLLD and PRSN and PSE and matching these into the framework objectives for Literacy and numeracy to make them SMART, hopefully. PSE skills I will look at with the children and talk to them about what they need/ would like to be better at.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. Please excuse my ignorance but what is SMART? And good advice ta.

ha ha - always thought it was small,managable,achievable, relevant and time related! funny how acronyms change over time...its like chinese whispers.

anyway the point is the same set targets that are achievable in a small amount of time.

I once had a teacher who set a target of 'improve spelling' to my daughter who is dyslexic!!! :(:(xD - this is not a smart target :o

although i'm pre-school our targets are next staps for the children so are based on where they are at the moment and where we want them to be next. We set these every two weeks(because we have 50 children who come to us and these do anything from2.5 to 12.5 hours per week)

What we do is take an ob on the child as our starting point identify their need/can do/interest or response from this and set what we will do with them next (so ob/assess/plan)these are then reviewed and reset or changed to cover another area or extend again.

Hope that makes sense - may not be possible for your set up but may give you an idea that would work for you :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)