Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Introducing Ict

Hi!

I am currently teaching abroad in an international school, and have been given the job of teaching ICT to children from age 2yr 6 months to 6 years. These children have English as a second language (or as a third language in some cases) and I have not taught ICT for 5 years!

Help!

Are there any resources out there that start right at the beginning i.e naming parts of the computer etc?

Does anyone know of any good retailers that sell children appropriate computer mice?

Anything you can tell me would be most appreciated!

Thanksyou! :o

we use a lot of 2simple software- as we have lot of children with EAL and they are really visual. only problem is a lot of them are click and drag programs so we use lots of online resources for those who need mouse skills first. TTS do a great range of IT equipment including simple beebot robots and lots of remote control items( love their catalogue!)

FYI very interesting article today about not using IT with youngsters- in nursery education plus

good luck! :o

FYI very interesting article today about not using IT with youngsters- in nursery education plus

good luck! :o

Do you mean advocating not using IT with these children? That might be a very interesting argument, I wish I could read it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)