Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm confused :o

I have been working from the eyfs document(practice guidance for the eyfs)

(where the profile points are in bold letters)

but the profile points do not match up with eyfs profile book.....so the question is which on do i use?

i think im right in saying that in the practice guidance booklet - the bit with the development matters and age bands - the wording in bold is Early Learning Goals.

The EYFSProfile Handbook gives clear information about the profile points, and how they are worded. Some Profile points contain more than one ELG- especially in KUW.

However, i would say that if your children are pre-school then i wouldn't worry about profile points, but plan next steps by using the development matters statements bc the profile is intended for reception teachers to asssess in the final year or EYFS.

Lucie x

slightly wierd in this borough as we have reception children in pre-school settings...so i have had 6 'profile' children with me this year.

i have one child who is still with me and has therefore done his whole reception year in preschool.

The problem is that these two different guidance books say different things for instance blend sounds in words LSL 6 doesn't even exist in the 'development band book

but the profile points do not match up with eyfs profile book.....so the question is which on do i use?

Are you talking about assessments for the end of EYFS? As the children are completing their reception year with you it would need to be the EYFSP scale points as you are responsible for the final summative assessment (and statutory one) before they start year 1. Don't worry about the ages/stages at this point, just use the EYFSP handbook and the exemplars in there will guide you- the school where they go for Year 1 will need just their EYFSP outcomes anyway.

I assume Your LA have contacted you to tell you how to submit your data for LA/DfE purposes?

Cx

Edited by catma

thanks catma but i am still confused ....the information in both documents does not correlate - i have done plenty of profiles before ( on the old paper copies) we are not able to connect to the eye profile information so thats out too! and yes i am aware how to put the information in.

the profile points (on the national standards poster) are not the same as in the development matters booklet but are the same as in the profile booklet. I am pretty sure that i need to use the ones on the poster, but have been using the other booklet for my planning so now a bit fed up they they don't relate....just feel it's another job i didn't need to do this week :o

only found out that they don't match when a school questioned it! a few weeks after i had got a pat on the back from my moderators!!

There's only one EYFSP.....the scales are all in the handbook, have you got the 2008 updated version which is the statutory one now? If you were using the old pink file version it will be different as some ELGs, thus scale points in LSL did change when the EYFS was introduced.

The scale points are related to the dev matters/ELGs but are written differently for summative assessment purposes. Don't worry about the dev matters for this.

The current handbook is all you need to use!!

cx

Edited by catma

The practice guidance is for planning and the parts in bold contribute towards achieving specific profile points

the eyfs profile book is for assessment

as catma says you should only be using the profile handbook for assessment (correlates with the grid)

Edited by Marion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)