Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When One Of Your Mindees Is Sick...

Good evening ladies - here's a strange one - Can you still look after your mindee if they are unwell (if not contagious) in their own home if necessary ? I thought you had to have them in your home as it complys with safety regs etc ? anyone come across this before ?

The whole point of using a childminder instead of a nursery is that we can be flexible. If the children are poorly then so long as they can do the school runs and aren't contagious, Mum and Dad can still go to work. I ask parents to drop me £20 if school aged children are having a duvet day though.

Fe

Sorry, missed the point - looking after them in their home is fine -just slightly different. It's called Nannying or babysitting depending on the time frames. If you are Nannying, then you cannot look after other children - your income is limited so you can ask for more money if you feel you want to. Your choice. You should do a risk assessment of their property when you are there - just as you would if you went to the park. If you make parents aware of dangers, and you can show how you make dangers less so, then your own insurance may cover you. Ask your insurance provider. The NCMA have a risk assessment form for babysitting.

Sorry if incoherent, anti histamine and wine don't mix.

Fe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)