Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Trends In Pre-school

I have staff that have just been on a training course about how we should now go down the route of calm colours and less stimulation for children.

Is it just me or are we going round in circles. I must have been in the game to long because I am sure that this was something we used to do a long time ago. Natural colours and natural things to play with.

Do you think they do it so that we have to keep buying new things. It makes us keep other businesses in business.

Like machines that only last 2 years so you have to keep buying new ones.

Sorry rambling a bit been a long week

I have help move a fridge into a young mums flat. and next week I'm taking a mum who doesn't speak much english to look at another pre-school because she is finding it hard to get to us as we are quite a distance away from where she lives, If an ofsted inspector asks me how I support my parents I wonder if that counts :(:oxD:(

of course it counts... how many would actually do that...

as to going in circles...

yes definitely..

it all goes round in circles..

I too found myself listening to 'new ' ideas.. but I had done them before.. and in actuality found myself listening but not really changing.. keeping to my principles only to find myself where I started so was doing it right all along! ( only now you have to document it, write it down, and justify why you do it!)

Inge

This would be Elisabeth Jarmen - communicating friendly spaces, i have heard her speak- very inspirational

I have seen a school who use this and it is wonderful calm smooth transition from one room to another becasue they all look similar

loved it

my display and notice boards are cream background with navy borders really displays the childrens art work well and amkes it stand out, all picturs are valued and displayed straight not on angles

clutter is reduced the atmosphere is one of calm, lovely

"my display and notice boards are cream background with navy borders really displays the childrens art work well and amkes it stand out, all picturs are valued and displayed straight not on angles"

Suer

These sound lovely Suer, what do you use to cover your boards? I thought I had seen a neutral display pack somewhere bit I can't find it now.

Fay

Don't know if it will help answer the question but our boards are all cream and hessian with brown and navy borders - I bought the fabric off EBay really cheap - cream calico and hessian by the metre. cost about £20 all together and much more robust than paper ! :o

Yes it was Elizabeth Jarman gave my staff a real buzz and as our building is all in cool blue and lilac we can use it to our advantage. We have great swathes of material now making cosy corners!!!!

So much better than bright busy colours and posters that give you headache!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)