Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Magazines

I have been subscribed to Nursery Education (online and print) for some time. I do like it's format in general because it has a big spectrum of articles (activities, professional development, news, posters, etc), but I have some doubts. I work with a Reception level class, which is the last stage of the EYFS... but which is usually connected to the 'schools' in the UK. So, when I read Nursery Education, even though the activities include the ELG, lots of times I feel that the magazine centers more towards Nurseries. I am subscribed to the Child Education online, but I have the impression that the Reception is not given that much of attention. So, as I have always felt... Reception is always in the middle of the "sandwich", squeezed between two curriculums.

Well... my question is this: Which magazine/s do you really consider is/are the best suited for Reception teachers? Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions. Have a nice weekend :o

I agree magazines seem to ignore reception needs apart from the occasional crumb. I stopped subscribing to any and am fortunate that I could buy a copy of a magazine from WHS if there is anything I considered suitable which wasn't often.

And my experience too............ I've also stopped looking at them for yr1 as very often its superficial relevance.

IF you have a large collection already, Smiley, you probably have all the picture resources etc that you really need and anything else can be found here!

I agree to.....have you subscribed to the Department for Educations Early Years Magazine? You can subscribe for free on 08000351464 or email subs@eymagazine.co.uk.

I've just had my first copy so I've not made my mind up about it yet but the is a good article on water play that I'll be using in my setting.

Good Luck in finding something that you like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)