Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Excuses For Being Late!

over the last decade i have had every excuse under the sun for parents being late - until today....

Mum turned up late and apologised - she had superglued her foot to her shoe :oxD

apparently was trying to glue the sole back but didn't realise there was a hole in it!!!!!

PMSL!

What's the most bizarre excuse you've had?

over the last decade i have had every excuse under the sun for parents being late - until today....

Mum turned up late and apologised - she had superglued her foot to her shoe :(:(

apparently was trying to glue the sole back but didn't realise there was a hole in it!!!!!

PMSL!

What's the most bizarre excuse you've had?

xD HA HA that made me chuckle, the excuse i got was not bizarre but very annoying. Our setting closes at 6pm we let parents off if they are running abit late. But this one particular week on a friday, it was a reasonably sunny day, the parents in question were teachers and it was half term, so first of all they were at home and their children were ar nursery :( . It came to 6pm no sign of parents, 10past nope! where could they be?. By this point im tired want to go home after a busy week and been at work since 7.30am. Quarter to 7 right this AINT funny. Rang mum, no answer. So rang dad took afew rings and he then picked up, saying hi how ya doing, we are in the pub coming for one.? not even waiting to see who it was who was ringing him. I politely replied hi it's becky from nursery. SILENCE!!!! er ill be there in 5 minutes. 10 MINS later grandma came. very appologetic. Have not seen dad since. Was not funny at the time, but do crack the odd jokes about it now.

Becky :o x

I cannt say we have had any exceptionally "funny" late tales but we did have a parent have a tree land on their car en- route to collect her little one from us, we had an emergency phone call telling us that a freind was comming to collect instead because mum (who was luckily unharmed) was stuck in the car and waiting for the fire brigade to come and get her out.

I was once left with 10 children... for 2 hours.... luckily we ended usually at 12 and could keep the hall...

reason.. there was a car fire on the road to reach us.dual carriageway so no way to turn round and no other way in.. and half the parents were the wrong side of it...

I was lucky in staff being able to stay and we stayed open, going to shop next door to buy the food for lunch!

another turned up an hour late... ( end of morning session and we had a pm one) claiming she had been there all the time... so she was not late.. she then shouted at us for asking why she was late and not answering her phone... parents outside said she had pulled into the car park and came straight in so not there at all..

and several dads who forgot...

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)