Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Website Hosts

Cait

Hi, I'm looking to change my preschool website host this year to a more user-friendly one, so I can upload newsletters etc and make regular adjustments. At the moment it's a major job just to upload the thing once a year - and that's if I can remember how from one year to the next!!!

So I've looked at a couple, and I think Weebly looks good - does anyone use them, or can anyone make suggestions which may help. It's my summer holiday 'to do' so no bursting rush ...

I used Biggest-hosting for my personal site but I've had loads of problems with them so I won't be renewing next year.

Not heard of weebly though :)

Hi Cait

I use www.schools.ik.org

Started with them when it was free, now its £75.00 plus VAT per year and I can do everything myself, no mystery coded language just copy and paste newsletters and I have worked out how to put photo's on there too.

I think you can start with a free 40 day trial so worth a go.

BMG

Hi Cait

I am just putting the finishing touches to my new website with Weebly. It has been really easy and free, obviously I have not yet attempted newsletters etc yet so can't comment on that.

I use Mecca Hosting which was I think about £16 for a year. I used Microsoft Front Page to write the website as it is a bit like using word, they were so helpful when I struggled to upload and change things, answered all my silly questions and their help pages are brilliant.

Should say I have never written a website before starting this one, I am quite proud of the results and adding stuff and taking stuff off takes minutes.

L

• 1 month later...

Hi

Well we used to use one provided by BT and Recipero which was free for charities and I set up and moderate my current pre-school and my old pre-school. They have now decided that they are no longer in partnership with Recipero and BT are doing it themselves however you cant upload documents! So, I too have been looking at weebly and have done one for the school club i am committee member of and my old pre-school. Its good and easy to use but the backgrounds arent exactly child friendly??!! Looks very professional though!

Namesco is my interenet service provider and i may consider them for my current pre-school.

Edited by marley

I've made ours using Weebly, and yes, whilst the backgrounds weren't particularly 'Preschoolish' I've made our header using a child's painting and imported our own pictures here and there and uploaded newsletters and contact forms etc. and I'm quite happy with it!

Well here is a link to mine done through the same one as Marley but I have been able to upload documents.

Its free at the moment but will be £50.00 for the first year from September then the year after it will be £75.00.

I find it very easy to do but need to spend a bit more time to put our toddler group and some other documents on there.

http://www.bubblesnursery.com/home.ikml

I know I have "blown my cover" and lost anonymity but hey ho if it helps someone else then its worth it.

BMG

Ok, so firstly we are a primary school so ours was a bit more expensive, but not sure exactly how much it costs! Our website host is a company called 'Primarysite'. As a school we are very proud of it!

school website