Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Winding Down Business

Not many of you will know my story, I'm an agency worker who got put in a birth to 5 private nursery as manager after Easter to try and squeeze the awful staff out. Sadly with HR help it's going to take months to even get one out never mind all of them, the Directors have decided to pull and wind the company down.

I've got our EDS coming out on Wednesday anyways but thought I'd ask you lovely ladies, what do we have to do with all of the paperwork we have, such as children's files, records from county, old parent invoices, anything else that I can't think of lol.

Also we're probably going to have to sell fixtures and fittings, so if anyone in the area (Durham) is looking for equipment, please let me know and you can come have a look.

How sad JefnerF

This can't have been an easy decision to make - is there no option of selling the business (or at least the assets) to a new owner?

Good luck - people must be pretty sad at the setting at the moment.

Maz

I think the headmaster (who incidentally is one of the directors) just wants rid as well, he wants to take the space back and may be he will consider starting a preschool if his county lets him.

The staff are devastated of course, but I really feel for the children.

It's a shame a few have to spoil it for the others.

It can't have been an easy role for you going into either. Has it put you off managing future settings?

What sort of items would you be selling off? It may get you more attention

No definitely not, I've thoroughly enjoyed it, learning about the role and what it entails and it's been an excellent learning curve.

The items include a lot of wooden shelves/surfaces, tables, chairs of different sizes, we have two cots, we have a wooden/plastic fence set which we've used as an indoor sandpit.

Plenty of indoor toys, dry racks for wet pictures, spare clothes

Larger items like washing machine, dryer, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, cold water steriliser

Lots of outdoor toys including two caterpillar tunnels.

Probably more than I can't think of off the top of my head :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Spiral

What a shame! Seems so many places are closing - too many pressures from finances to the demands on underpaid part time staff.

I really feel for you as you have really done your best and the hardest part is when you step in and the staff are somewhat challenging. It is hard for the families involved and leaves a gap in the community.

As for retention of records, I'd personally phone the PLA for informal advice..please do let us know the answer as I am intrigued!

Best wishes and a big virtual hug,

Spiral x

Oh goodness me roll on 23rd July!! Parents are furious (obviously) and one is so angry she's going to the papers about us!!! Why can't they just accept we make no money and that the whole company has to be liquidated, the directors dont want to just close baby and toddler room.

Guest Spiral

It's such a shame as it is hitting the heart of the community. If you have parents willing to go to the press, take it as a pat on the back, these are the adults showing you that they value your efforts and the role you and the staff have played in their children's lives.

Maybe hold a parents meeting where it can be aired and the points of view of the director's can be put forward. This could help crush any rumour mongering?

Very best of luck, hope this isn't too stressful,

Spiral.