Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graduation Ceremonies

Panders

As the end of term rushes up to meet us - just wondered if anyone had anything like this to end their year. In the past we have put on a show for the parents - highlighting our leavers and wishing them all well for the future.

I have in mind something a little different this year but cannot come up with many ideas, I will discuss with staff and children next week, but just wondered if any of you wonderful folk have done some lovely ceremonies in the past.

we have a graduation ceremony. We send personal invitations out to the parents. We set the room up with seats for the parents to sit on and reserved seats for the children who are graduating. They are not in the room whilst the parents are arriving we have them in another room getting their caps and gowns on. When everyone is ready and the parents have arrived we bring the children into th the room to the tune of "you're simply the best", let me tell you, there is never a dry eye in the room!!

We then have little speeches from the 3-5 room senior and myself, though I have never managed to do this without crying!! Children are then called up 1 by 1 to receive their graduation certificate, which we have rolled and tied with red ribbon, and a framed graduation poem and a book.

Once this is done its outside for photos and the traditional cap throwing, then back inside for a graduation tea. We buy graduation tableware and decorations; it is always a huge success the parents and the children and staff love it. Its a very emotional afternoon but lovely too!!

Hi Panders

we have a gradutation day every year in our nursery. We have made black graduation gowns for every child and hats to match (with a colour band and tassel to match the colour groups). The children have a photo taken in their cap and gowns holding their 'degree' of course first class honors for all.

These photos are put into a certificate format, signed by the key worker and head teacher and laminated.

On the day itself the parents and family members are invited to attend a cermony. The children parade into the hall and each group sing a favourite song or other such entertainment. The head then presesnts their 'degrees' as a powepoint is played in the background with their graduation photo on.

After all the certificates are given out the children go and join their family to sit back and watch a movie we have put together with music and photos of their highlights from the year.

After school is a Graduation Disco where they come back in their glad rags for a boogie and buffet. We had a balloon arch last year in the colours of each of the family groups which decorated the presentation area.

It is all great fun and parents and children and staff have a wonderful day :-)

we have a graduation ceremony. We send personal invitations out to the parents. We set the room up with seats for the parents to sit on and reserved seats for the children who are graduating. They are not in the room whilst the parents are arriving we have them in another room getting their caps and gowns on. When everyone is ready and the parents have arrived we bring the children into th the room to the tune of "you're simply the best", let me tell you, there is never a dry eye in the room!!

We then have little speeches from the 3-5 room senior and myself, though I have never managed to do this without crying!! Children are then called up 1 by 1 to receive their graduation certificate, which we have rolled and tied with red ribbon, and a framed graduation poem and a book.

Once this is done its outside for photos and the traditional cap throwing, then back inside for a graduation tea. We buy graduation tableware and decorations; it is always a huge success the parents and the children and staff love it. Its a very emotional afternoon but lovely too!!

Would love to see a copy of your graduation poem if possible. Tx

Hi we've used a few over the years, but last years was this one

These feet of mine will slowly tread

The path of my life - what lies ahead?

But the steps that I take are hesitant still

And the choices I make need your help to fulfil

As I leave XXXXX(name of nursery/preschool etc)

Be with me when

I start at my school - I'll still need you then

I'll leave behind a happy time - and walk toward more

With you right beside me guiding me sure

So come down this path

And whatever the weather

There'll be two sets of footsteps as we walk together

In all honesty I've probably "pinched" this poem off here! Please feel free to pinch it too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)