Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Simple Science Experiments- Cause And Effect

Hi there,just wondered if anyone out there willing to share simple science experiments that have been tried and tested ( or well just have a go and see what happens!!) for us to observe ch's understanding of cause and effect etc etc. Have researched and so far got making bubbles, making sherbet, adding oil to puddles, gloop, making slime etc, I have large whisks in water area etc but just wanted something a bit more exciting and fancied doing some fun summer science!!!!!!!!! any ideas welcome or send me to previous forums .... cheers :o

Hi

not sure if this is the right kind of thing or not but if you buy some white or pale flowers and and add food colouring to the water that they are in then the flowers will change colour, however this will be no good if you're looking for an immediate change.

oh and cornflour and water, hard if you squeeze it but drips through your fingers if you release it

ooo keep thinking of more, apparently (I have never tried this but seen it on you tube) if you add a mento sweet to diet coke then you get a kind of volcano effect.

Also there is another way of making a volcano not entirely sure but there has been a thread on here recently.

Rapunzel x

Make some ice balloons and see if they let faster with or without a sock on. Children find it very hard to believe the result. Also, try tesing different textures with bears sliding down them to see which is faster. Rubbing a balloon and making it stick on the wall is fun. To enlarge you sherbet making, just try mixing all knids of things eg bubble bath, vinegar, bicarb, talc, sugar, salt, lemon juice. Make predictions and try them out. Obviously supervise closely. :o

We have some fantastic science books with story based questions in, which we bought from a website that I can't remember the name of at the moment. If it comes to me I'll post it.

rainbow milk is very easy.........have a shallow tray, fill with about 1/2" milk, put drops of different food colouring in each corner, then a drop of washing up liquid in each patch of food colouring.......it causes the food colouring to spread really quickly and mix the colours together, can either leave and keep coming back to look at changes or allow children to mix it up.

sultanas in a bottle of lemonade... remove the label so you can see them, put lid back on and watch..

the volcanos previously mentioned are bicarb and lime juice - more usually vinegar but smell is overpowering if they all want a go..

Inge

What about putting sticks of celery in a beaker of water with some food colouring in it? Children can watch the colour spreading up the stalk and link to plants sucking up water from the ground.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)