Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well, That's Half Term Over...

Yes, can't believe it but I will be leaving at the end of the summer term. After a very traumatic 6 months of not being able to appoint anyone as manager we had our EGM re closure on the last thursday before 1/2 term. That morning one of the staff applied for my job and was interviewed in the afternoon and appointed subject to Ofsted, refs etc.

So, tomorrow we tell the parents the good news!! :o

I'm busy compiling a handover file and think my most important piece of advice will be "Join FSF!" - best £20 she'll ever spend and what a lifesaver!

What would your next few items of advice be for a new manager (EYP, almost, but no management experience)?

Finally I do want to say a HUGE 'THANK YOU, YOU LOVELY LOT!' to everyone on FSF for the support, guidance and encouragement I've had over the years. You have really made my job so much easier and we wouldn't have got Outstanding without you all.

FSF is amazing!

Edited by Guest

I'm wondering my my first response to the title of this thread is "lucky you!"? xD

I hope this doesn't mean we'll lose you LJW? It wouldn't be the same without you! :o I hope you really enjoy the last six weeks of term - have a lovely term, go out on a high and remember why you love the job so much! I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Maz

I'm wondering my my first response to the title of this thread is "lucky you!"? :o

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Enjoy your last few weeks - they'll wizz by.......... I just wish I had the courage to do the same - I've just spent the last hour moaning to hubby about not wanting to go back tomorrow....that says to me it time to give up!!

xxx

LJW, I'm soooo glad you've finally filled the vacancy - it seems like an age since you anmnounced your resignation (probably feels even longer to you xD )

Have a fabulous 6 week countdown - with the pressure off you might remember what you loved about the job when you started :o

Nona x

Thank you all, but don't forget part of my post:

"What would your next few items of advice be for a new manager (EYP, almost, but no management experience)?"

Your responses will be very helpful!

I think the folder alone will be a massive help lol

I so wish someone give me one but our setting had 4 leaders in a year so had no chance of that

Just tell her to keep smiling lol - gets me through the tough times lol