Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Swot Form Re Business Plan

Hi,

I have been asked to do a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) plan as part of my new preschool. Not really sure where to start !!! Does anyone have an example I could use to give me some ideas ?

Many thanks

:o

Edited by davolako

Hi,

I have been asked to do a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) plan as part of my new preschool. Not really sure where to start !!! Does anyone have an example I could use to give me some ideas ?

Many thanks

:o

Hi - I'll send you mine via PM

Guest mukerjee1

We have also been asked to consider this by our new head. Don't know where to start - is there a general proforma or do you create one? Many thanks x

We have also been asked to consider this by our new head. Don't know where to start - is there a general proforma or do you create one? Many thanks x

You don't need a fancy proforma - just a sheet which is divided into quarters. Each square is a different part - usually top left for Strengths, top right for Weaknesses, bottom left for Opportunities and bottom right for Threats.

Obviously what you put in each box will depend on your own reflection on your setting. Generally Strengths and Weaknesses are internal factors (perhaps a very effective key person system or lack of trained staff) and Opportunities and Threats are external factors (perhaps high demand for wrap around care which the group can meet, or rising numbers of children going to school which the setting cannot control).

The thing is to be as realistic and as honest as you can without completely depressing yourself!

Good luck - I hate doing these things because I find myself saying the same things over and over again. :o

Maz