Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Display

Hi. I'm planning to do an iformative writing display to inform parent's and staff about the different stages of writing! I have guidance on the way children progress through scribble to writing sentences and will display examples of this ( whilst being aware this is general development!!!). Have have any of you got any ideas I might include if anything else, or a title, something lke the writing journey! Any help much appreciated. :o

Perhaps try looking at some of the work by Penny Tassoni

I attended one of her seminars a few years back and she was inspirational.

She explained the progress from markmaking to 'writing' by comparing it to speech development. The early baby babbling to fluent speech including correct use of tenses etc takes about 7 years and yet many expect children to learn to write in a relatively short space of time.

I remember she asked the audience to participate in 'getting a feel' of what it was like for young children learning letter formation. We all signed a piece of paper with our usual signature and then swapped with the person next to us. We were then asked to turn the signature upside down and go over it using our non dominant hand - it was an eye opener!!

Sorry maybe waffling slightly off topic but still think if you google Penny you may find some useful information good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)