Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb Through Ofsted

Hi

So sent in my EY2 form as new committee member. They have sent me back a CRB to complete. However it says that if I have obtained enhanced CRB disclosure through OFSTED within last three years and have supplied it to them I do not need to complete a new one. Does that mean I can just send copy of my CRB i had done last year for my new job as pre-school assistant?

Thanks

Not sure if this is the same but when I had my Ofsted registration although I had an up to date CRB it was with an employer and not Ofsted, so I had to do another one.

Dont know if it would be the same.

Sorry if not much help!

Kris

Guest jenpercy

Definately, OFSTED want the employers copy, which is the only copy guaranteed to have all the information - it has been explained to me that if you are the subject of a police enquiry, the employee might get a blank CRB and the employer would get a warning not to employ.

Marley I always err on the side of caution with Ofsted and I would complete a new CRB form and send it anyway. I've had too many experiences of them telling me one thing and then telling me another days later. Incidentally if you haven't already sent a copy of your CRB certificate to them I would send a photocopy as they have been known to just shred them in the office..... :o

Hi Holly

Yes have filled it out again!

Just a question...why should I send them a current copy ofmy pre-school CRB?

Hi Holly

Yes have filled it out again!

Just a question...why should I send them a current copy ofmy pre-school CRB?

If you've already got one then they won't do a recheck. I had one done in 2004 and when we took over another setting last year I sent in an EY2 for me as the representative of the committee. But, when I chased them up about a CRB they said that they'd just taken the 2004 info they had on file for me and wouldn't require a more up to date CRB :o

It's a good job I know that I'm not a dodgy criminal xD

Guest jenpercy

My Supervisor had a CRB done by OFSTED when she joined us in 2003. A year ago we had to move out of current premises due to alterations for 1 month. We went to a local school and had to apply for new registration, including inspection visit AND new CRB

I have always been under the impression that sending them a copy of your current, albeit for another place, CRB speeds up the time it takes to complete your new one. But it might be an urban myth.

I think the laws/rules governing all thois are so b****y complicated that even Ofsted themselves dont know what's what!! (Sorry)

They do make me cross, how hard csn it be to tell everyone regardless of where they live in the country the same thing, when they ring and query.

If you've already got one then they won't do a recheck. I had one done in 2004 and when we took over another setting last year I sent in an EY2 for me as the representative of the committee. But, when I chased them up about a CRB they said that they'd just taken the 2004 info they had on file for me and wouldn't require a more up to date CRB

Since when did having a CRB for one job cover you to work elsewhere? Countless times I have sent copies of disclosures to them, to still have them send out new CRB forms. Sometimes they have been really recent ones as well. Obviously they are still moving the goal posts and not telling us Like Holly I too have endless experience of them telling me one thing and then later telling me another.

Guest jenpercy
I think the laws/rules governing all thois are so b****y complicated that even Ofsted themselves dont know what's what!! (Sorry)

They do make me cross, how hard csn it be to tell everyone regardless of where they live in the country the same thing, when they ring and query.

If you've already got one then they won't do a recheck. I had one done in 2004 and when we took over another setting last year I sent in an EY2 for me as the representative of the committee. But, when I chased them up about a CRB they said that they'd just taken the 2004 info they had on file for me and wouldn't require a more up to date CRB

Since when did having a CRB for one job cover you to work elsewhere? Countless times I have sent copies of disclosures to them, to still have them send out new CRB forms. Sometimes they have been really recent ones as well. Obviously they are still moving the goal posts and not telling us Like Holly I too have endless experience of them telling me one thing and then later telling me another.

The difference is that the one they did in 2004, they did themselves and they got the employers copy. Apparently, the reason that you have to do a new one for a new job is that it is possible for the employers copy to have different info from the employees copy, ie if the person is subject to a police surveillance operation. Or so I am told!

I dont have a problem with them re doing CRB's for different jobs I have a problem with them not making their minds up on what we have to do and when. As an 'employer' we have yet to receive a copy of a 'disclosure' it is always sent to the person that the check was doine on. Quite often the only way I have found out the check has been done is when they with they (being whoever the check was done on) come in with their disclosure or I ask them. Admittedly the last couple of committee I have had done Ofsted have written to me about, but I find that quite rare.

The agency that carries out the CRB, Ofsted or TMG or whoever, should always write to the employer with the outcome and not send the disclosure certificate to the employer, only the employee. Admittedly Ofsted are not well known in my book for doing this but TMG have been very good about it. I always ring Ofsted to ask for the letter and we keep these on file as our evidence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)