Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cll After Zoo Trip Lesson

Hi I need some WOW ideas for the follow up after ZOO trip literacy 10 min carpet session for my reception class. I am going to be observed this time that's why I need that WOW factor.

Any ideas? Please help!

Hi Cait, we did it last week . Do you think writing a thank you letter to the ZOO keeper is a good idea and is it good enough for the lesson observation?

Could you do a brainstorm of a story where each child takes a turn to think of something. A trip through the jungle, what might I see .....? Or could it be along the lines of 'I went to the Zoo and I took/saw .......' something for every letter of the alphabet

I'm thinking that 10 minutes isn't a long time to write a letter.

Could you provide some cards with pictures of animals from the zoo on. Children take turns to pick a card and ask their partner to tell them what they know about the animal. One child answers and when they've finished the other can add anything they know that might have been missed OR if they can't think of anything else they just say 'thank you' and then the other child picks a card.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)