Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transfer Of Information From Eyfs Months To E Profile

Hi all,

In Summer two I am expected to transfer my data about children in Nursery onto E profile, ready for them to go into Reception. I am worried that this is a very difficult task as they do not correlate. Would anyone have any ideas about this please. I also have to record a transfer form or end of year report for each child in Nursery. I would appreciate any ideas for this too as I feel my evenings next half term are going to be spent attached to a computer. Thank you :o

P.s: It is a large 39 place nursery!!

Edited by katiecar

Hi Katie,

This is a perennial problem, isn't it?! xD

How are your records formed at the moment? Do you hold data in a spreadsheet, for example, or do you "Mark off" the development matters statements using paper format? Or something else?

As for your transfer form: is this to pass onto the next teacher, or is it for parents?

Sorry for all the questions, but it will help us to offer you some advice. :o

Hi I work in a childrens centre nursery and as part of my pm the children fave to attain 7 points on the ptp in the literacy strands. We dont use the ptp. could you tell me what level this relates to in the development matters. THANKS

Hi there.

Mistymom , from reading your post I am assuming you are referring to Birmingham's progress towards the profile? (PTP) as I cant think of anything else that PTP might stand for. I dont know how many LAs are actually using this.

I saw the PTP when it first came out but am not sure how many changes to it have been made since. I am just wondering though, how can you have a PM statement based on something you dont actually use..this doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Achieving all 7 points on each aspect PTP is equivalent to achieving the first 3 points on the EYFSP..this is quite tall order to have all of your children getting there before they start school, especially if it is expected to be in ALL of the aspects of CLL. Could you discuss this target with your line manager at all?

You will hahve to look at the EYFSP statements in their own right - they don't just "match" necessarily. The dev matters are about exactly that - development and the EYFSP is about attainment. You would need to consider all your evidence base and make your judgements accordingly.

I would highly recommend that if you haven't done this before you link with the reception teachers so you can moderate the judgements appropriately.

Also you would only be considering scale points in the 4 - 8 range if the child was demonstrating a level of development securely within the relevant ELGs.

Cx

Hi Katie,

This is a perennial problem, isn't it?! :(

How are your records formed at the moment? Do you hold data in a spreadsheet, for example, or do you "Mark off" the development matters statements using paper format? Or something else?

As for your transfer form: is this to pass onto the next teacher, or is it for parents?

Sorry for all the questions, but it will help us to offer you some advice. :o

My records are formed using progress matters, evidence in Learning Journeys, focus sheets and observational assessments. The transfer form is for parents. Thanks for taking the time to help

xD

Hi I work in a childrens centre nursery and as part of my pm the children fave to attain 7 points on the ptp in the literacy strands. We dont use the ptp. could you tell me what level this relates to in the development matters. THANKS

Thanks for the reply but I have no idea what ptp is

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)