Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! 15min Lesson Obs For Interview

Hi

I have an interview and have to do a 15min number lesson with their foundation class - any inspiring ideas?

First interview in about 5 yrs! Arghhhh!

Thanx!

Welcome to the Forum, derinj and congratulations on making your first post. I'm not a teacher so am fairly useless as far as ideas go - but we have lots of lovely teachers on here who will no doubt come up trumps.

Good luck with the interview!

Maz

Have you been told what topic they are doing now as that could give you a starting point?

Hi there!

NO - just 15 mins on number - I'm looking for the WOW factor!!!

Hi derinj, welcome to the forum.

I would probably go for a story with a number focus. There are the obvious ones the Hungry Caterpillar and Shopping basket, but if this is a reception class, how about soemthing like the Doorbell Rang (pat Hutchins) which would be great way to cover calculating and problem solving?

I would also find out how many children there are and whether or not there will be TA with you? I would write a lesson/acticity plan and then also add some ideas of what you would do to extend the activity if you were staying longer..

Good luck with it

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I have an interview and have to do a 15min number lesson with their foundation class - any inspiring ideas?

First interview in about 5 yrs! Arghhhh!

Thanx!

I did a short number lesson with FS2 for my current job - we read 'engines engines' which is a counting rhyme and then I gave out laminates to 10 of the children, in the wrong order, and asked them to help me order them correctly. Simple, but I got the job :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)