Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dpp Pre-school Practice

Hi All,

i am relatively new to this forum, but have already found it invaluable!

I have been on my pre-school committee for over two years and a regular volunteer for the same length of time. I have currently taken it upon myself to undertake the Diploma in PreSchool Practice and boy am I starting to regret it xD

I just don't know where to start, My main problem is how to layout my assignment, and was looking to do in an essay format. It has been many many moons since I have written an essay and don't know how best to format it>

Do I just use headings and sub headings?

HELPPPPP, PLEASE.

I am currently doing core unit 1

Do I have to do both assignments or can I just do the Cache assignment?

My Pre-School leader is desperate for me to complete this (so no pressure there then! :o )

Any help or assistance you can give would be great.

Hi Jennie and welcome to the forum,

I am currently studyiny the same course by distance learning through the NEC and like you it had been a long time since I had done any essay writing. Who are you doing the course through?

I have tended just to use headings and tried to focus on one section at a time as this seemed less stressful. When you ask about doing both assignments or the Cache ones suggests to me that you are doing the NEC course, in which case I would definately do the NEC assignments first. All the work you do in them can be used in the Cache assignment, but it allows you ' a practice' if you like and you will get feedback from your tutor so you know if you are heading in the right direction. I found the first unit the most difficult, partly because I hadn't done any studying for years.

If you need any more help just ask :o

Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing the course through the NEC, trying really hard to get into it, but I just keep banging a brick wall, Mind if I just stopped looking at this forum, it might help :o

I have taken on board your comment of working one section at a time, and doing the NEC assignment first, thing is I have sat so long just looking at the coursework and material that I am conscious of time passing me by.

Welcome to the forum. I haven't got much to say except essays do not have headings and sub headings. A report does though. :o

See, I told you it had been a long time xD

Hi Jennie and a very warm welcome from me too!

I did my DPP with the NEC but that was many moons ago......can't remember much about it now! :( It is, I think, quite a difficult way to do it (distance learning) - hope your tutor is more helpful than mine was :(:o

There are quite a few forum members involved in DPP study - I'm sure they will all give you loads of help! xD

Hi jenna and welcome

I am also doing this course (am joust over half way through) I am doing it at evening college,we have layed out the assignments in sections i.e

E1 then anwser E2 then anwser although with ones similar we anwsered them together, your tutor should beable to give you abit more advice on that though. There are 4 assignments to complete the CACHE marked unit 3 can only be submitted to CACHE at certian times so we did that one 2nd, The next submission I believe is June so it maybe worth doing that one soon

It is definately daunting - cos of the amount of things they send you. My advice would be to start practicing with the observations - if you like doing observations and are good at it, it is a section that you can get done quickley - if this is not your strong point then you will get lots of practice. The observations of your child form the basis of the majority of the first assignment, so I think this is a good place to start. I wouldn't worry at this stage about submission dates, it takes a long time to do the course. I am on my last unit - core unit 3 and I will hopefully have it ready for the next submission date - but I won't send it unless I am completely happy with cos if I fail cos its not good enough I will only have to do it again. I will e-mail you some stuff that I did to get you going. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)