Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef And Rag Forms

Hi

I've been a childminder for 10 years. i've just joined your forum because I'm looking for help with my SEF (It's the council's one, which is a simpler version of Ofsted's)

I've got a childminding Development worker coming to visit me in May, and I have to complete the SEf and Rag (red, amber green) forms.

I'm completely baffled by all this, and not at all sure I'm doing enough for the EYFS.

A lot of people on here are saying you should keep paperwork to a minimum, so I might be ok with that, but I'm really struggling with these two forms!! :o

Guest EllieF

I dont know these forms, but if you scan them in, I am happy to take a look and help if i can. Sounds like they may have come from the EYQISP

Ellie

Hello Greengang, and welcome to the forum. :o

Maybe you could post a couple of the questions from your SEF/Rag forms so that we can start to help you with specific content?

Hi Greengang and welcome!

The SEF isn't as scary as it seems although it IS time consuming and a bit repetitive :o

My LA ran SEF training courses for us childminders but, to be honest, I got more help and advice from the exemplar sef thread on here!!

The RAG scheme isn't used for childminders in my area - is it compulsory?

Nona

Thanks everyone,

Yes it's compulsery, sounds like it may just be from Essex County Council then if you don't have to do it :-(

I'll try to scan it later, but that my be testing my computer knowledge a bit too much lol

Hi greengang, most LAs will have something similar to the RAG you mention (although it may be called something else), and they are completed in different ways.

Can you please check that your document isn't copyrighted before uploading it here.. if its unique to your LA then it probably is.

You could, however, ask a couple of your questions, as Helen suggested, to give us something to help you get started.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)