Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Starting Points For New Children

We recently had an inspection at our new nursery. We are a private nursery taking children from birth to pre school. We were given a recommendation from Ofsted regarding children's starting points related to learning and development and involving parents!

We have a thorough and effective settling policy and procedures and we obtain a lot of information from parents regarding children's pastoral needs. As we take from birth there is obviously relevant information like times of milk and sleeps etc....

However, Ofsted said that we need to get written information from parents about where they think their children are in their learning and development.

I am finding it very difficult to think of the kind of thing that parents would feel they could comment on. Does anybody have advice or has anybody been given a similar recommendation from Ofsted? Very enigmatic!!!!

Edited by becsltd

Guest pamgreen

Hi if you look on the Leicestershire website and search for early assessment review, there is is really good information.

I've attached our All About Me form, which parents complete, perferably before the child begins or within a few weeks. We updated it at the setting as the previous one didn't really ask what we wanted and was very tick-box ish which we didn't feel gave much to go from as didn't highlight children's real interests and needs

I had help with it from the lovely people on here who suggested various ideas and links so a forum search for previous posts might help you too

All_about_me_generic.docx